On May 9th, 2016, Antonio’s Response held our first community exercise, a “Situational Response – no death of a tender age youth but a time to bring stakeholders together to practice while impacting a targeted area.” During the 9-day event, our team of 100 volunteers passed out over 1000 pieces of materials relating to summer jobs for youth, youth programming, employment training for returning citizens, housing, mental health services, educational advancements opportunities, CAPS, block club and church announcements. In addition, we took special request for services from 32 individuals and many stopped to receive prayer from one of the many prayer teams.
This level of engagement would not have been possible without the following organizations and individuals:
– Antonio’s Response Committee Members
– Chicago 3rd District Police Department (CAPS)
– Chicago Against Violence
– Grand Crossing Park Neighborhood Network
– Shiloh Seventh-day Adventist Church
– Parkway Garden Christian Church
– Breaking Bread
– Park Manor Neighborhood Association
– Gary Comer Youth Center
– No Shots Fired, Woodlawn
– The Triangle Neighborhood Organization
– All the concerned residents from Woodlawn
– Individuals and family members who stopped by throughout the event
We learned key lessons that will be shared at our May 9th meeting. Let’s keep praying for and showing up for PEACE!